- Important fact for all prospective international students is that the official language of instruction in Singapore is English
- Official languages: English, Chinese, Malay & Tamil
- Singapore, the “Lion City” is known for its economy and financial success. The nation is among four “Asian Tiger” economies (along with Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan).
- The cost of education and living in Singapore is less compared to the UK or the US.
- International students will find Singapore to be among the safest places in the world to live in.
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
Singapore is a modern, vibrant nation with an excellent educational system, maintaining high standards of teaching and learning as well as research facilities with numerous opportunities for internationals who wish to study abroad.
Singapore has emerged as an international education hub offering a rich spectrum of courses in diverse fields, ranging from art, management/ business, design to nanotechnology and recognised as a “Global Schoolhouse”
Singapore, with it national universities, with its two largest universities having more than 30,000 students each. Singapore’s most prestigious university is the National University of Singapore (NUS) which is highly ranked in the QS World University Rankings and also in Asia.
Singapore also has a wide range of private institutions, collaborated foreign universities with campuses in Singapore. These connections and collaborations contribute to the overall quality of education offered by universities in Singapore.